Saturday, May 28, 2005

Pieces of Me

I never thought I'd start my own blog but here I am… attempting to spark the knack for writing that I used to have.
You see, I used to write a lot. I wrote for the school paper. I expressed myself through poetry. I kept my own journal. I'm no writer extraordinaire but I was quite comfortable with putting my thoughts on paper. I can't really remember when I stopped but I'm no different from people who tend to get too preoccupied with the daily grind. It shouldn't be an excuse, I know. Thus, I'm trying one more time…
Let's see how I'll go with this one...
50 Random Things:
It's a start, hey. ;)
50. I don't drink soda (or any fizzy drink for that matter). It makes me throw up every time.
49. No bad vices either - I don't drink and I don't smoke.
48. And I can't drive (so I can't take my friends home after a late night out… what a waste hey?)
47. It takes me ages to understand a naughty joke. Csaba said it's not even the case... cos most of the time I just don't get it at all.
46. I eat a lot… probably more than a regular guy does. I find it really hard to put on weight though. I've been skinny all my life. :(
45. I get really grumpy when I'm hungry. So yeah, you've been warned. ;)
44. I have 3 bestfriends - one I've known all my life, one who's a total opposite of myself and one whom I was practically glued to during my last 2 years in uni.
43. I've always wanted to go skydiving. I finally did it in March 2004.42. I love to cook. My cooking philosophy: Make something new and try at least one new recipe every week.
41. I've always been independent.
40. I love shoes. I've had this love affair with shoes since I was
12. I think I got around 60 pairs just from the last year.
39. I dress from bottom to top. Gotta pick the shoes first. Weird hey?
38. I generally appreciate most genres of music... except for techno and heavy metal, I guess.
37. I like getting away from it all and spending time by myself every once in a while (going to the movies, grabbing a bite to eat, etc.).
36. I like giving children's books to people whom I care about.
35. I love reading the works of Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Paulo Coelho and Pablo Neruda.
34. My first crush was Prince Philip from Disney's Sleeping Beauty.
33. I was in denial about Santa Claus' existence for the longest time. I only learned to accept the truth when I reached 5th grade.
32. I love the beach and I feel lucky to be eternally tanned. :D
31. I love to travel. I want to see the world and experience as many cultures as I can.
30. I feel like I'll never get used to cold weather.
29. I <3 Gael Garcia Bernal.
28. Incidentally I have 10 of his movies on DVD (only 5 more to go… leave a message if you want to make me happy on my birthday hehe).
27. I have mild scoliosis and a heart condition called mitral valve prolapse . They actually sparked my interest in yoga and pilates.
26. I'm a very sentimental person. I find it hard to let go of things. I keep heaps of junk from special occasions (concert tickets, candy wrappers, etc.)
25. I love photos - taking them and being in them.
24. I'm quite vain actually… especially with my skin.
23. I didn't used to wear makeup. It took Len more than 4 years to convince me to give it a go. I must admit… I couldn't have found a better teacher. ;)
22. One of the best presents that I've ever received was a charm bracelet with 17 charms that supposedly describe what the person who gave it thinks of me.
21. I dream of having my own restaurant someday.
20. I dream of studying shoe design and fashion merchandising. I also want to get an MBA.
19. And yes, I might just be an entrepreneur in the future. My product? Take a wild guess. :D
18. I love watching old movies and foreign language films.
17. I'm learning Spanish at the moment. Maybe I'll live in Spain or South America one day… just for a couple of months to speak the language more fluently.
16. I learned how to speak Japanese in uni. I forgot all about it after a semester without practicing.
15. Audrey Hepburn's one of my icons.
14. I'll never ever get sick of Thai and Japanese Food. I've even learned how to make them! :D
13. I love New York! I won't ever get enough of it either.
12. I'd always be thankful for the friends I've made through the years.
11. I love basketball. My favourite players are Penny Hardaway, Jason Kidd, Dirk Nowitzki and Tony Parker.
10. I'm not very athletic but I like watching sports.
9. I believe in karma.
8. Everything happens for a reason. Everything works out. Everything falls into place.
7. I keep a gratitude list. I believe that there's always at least one thing to be thankful for each day.
6. It's healthy to be homesick every once in a while.
5. I may not be as religious as others but I have a strong faith in God.
4. I miss my Lola but I know she's happy where she is now.
3. I love the Suarez Family. They've provided me with all the love that a person could ask for.
2. I've got the best brother in the world. :D
1. I love my Mom and my brother. I miss them every single day and I wish they weren't so far away.
So yeah, this is it. This is me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home